Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6.

This weekend, I've mostly stayed in bed lounging around the house. Days like these make me want to fight even harder against POTS and CFS because I know this is not how someones life should be. It saddens me to think that people actually don't believe in these illnesses and that the people suffering from them are "making them up." I don't know why someone would deliberately want to spend days at a time being severely fatigued, and not be able to go out and about.

I'm hoping to one day have an awareness group so that more research will be funded towards POTS and CFS so others will one day not have to worry about this. I'm 17, but I don't believe anyone at any age should have to feel lifeless. I'm trying my best to keep myself as energized and as motivated as possible to keep my two blogs up, but sometimes it is very difficult.

If anyone is interested I want to begin to have guest writers on here, Whoever wants to share their knowledge and stories. If you think that you would like to become a guest writer please leave a comment and I will get back to you. Even if you have your own blog, maybe sharing your story on mine will have someone else see it, who normally wouldn't have. So we can bring more awareness to this, because these illnesses vary in symptoms, each case doesn't always relate 100% to the next.


Hoping you all are feeling well. Stay Strong
xoxo
Kristen

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have this. I am 41 and just began suffering about a year ago. I hate the idea of someone just starting out in life crippled with it. The advantage you have is that most of the statistics about people recovering is gathered from teenagers. I hope you have much success.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen. I too think it is so sad that you are so young and dealing with this. I am 46 now and got sick in may 08. However looking back I think I have had it all my life. I think I am better now after a huge struggle. I have written a blog to help other people and maybe it will help you too. I hope so. Just click on my name and my profile will come up and you can see my blog. I truly hope it helps. Kind regards lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jeff and Lynn,
    I appreciate the kind words and support greatly!
    It is an awful thing to deal with at any age, but
    I'm grateful for the overwhelming support from my family, friends , and you all on here!
    Best wishes to you both!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete