Saturday, October 22, 2011

October 22.

I apologize for not updating this site as much as I would like, and said I would. This school year has been a very busy one, seeing as it is my senior year of high school.  I'll update you guys on me a little later but first I want to talk about raising awareness.

Events are always a huge help to raising awareness to a cause. Recently my doctor told my mom about a past event that they had in my local area to raise awareness for POTS and CFS. It was held at the local bowling alley and people of the community came out and really enjoyed it. Talk to local businesses such as restaurants, bowling alleys, movie theaters, etc. and see if they are willing to host your event and go from there. It does take a lot of time and effort to plan and have it, but in the end it is always a big help to any cause.

--

Currently I am waiting to have a tonsillectomy which is scheduled for this Tuesday the 25th. I've had trouble with my tonsils for years and I am hoping this will really help to combat my fatigue and stop me from getting reoccurring tonsillitis.  The school year has been going very smoothly, and its been a nice transition back into school after a year of home teaching. I'm hoping once I recover from this surgery I can spend much more attention to this blog to do what I originally planned to do with it, which is to help to raise awareness and give more information on POTS.

Thank you so much to those who have been keeping up with this blog and me, and giving me such wonderful feedback. Hoping you are all doing fabulous!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment